Samsung India as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives has instituted the Samsung Star Scholar program. The scholarship program is applicable for students of a Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNVs) currently pursuing a full term B. Tech/Dual Degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) course in an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or a National Institute of Technology (NIT) in India.
Samsung India is at the forefront of empowering India’s youth with education through technology.
Under this programme, each year, Samsung offers scholarships to meritorious JNV students pursuing a full term B. Tech/Dual Degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) course in any Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or a National Institute of Technology (NIT) in India.
“At Samsung, we work towards nurturing talent through programs that encourage and support the youth. As ‘Samsung Star Scholar’ programme enters its fourth year, we plan to extend scholarships to 560 students from Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya across the country to peruse B.Tech and M.Tech courses at the prestigious IITs and NITs” said Peter Rhee, Corporate Vice President, Samsung India said in a statement.
It offers a scholarship of up to Rs 2 lakh for expenses related to tuition, examination, hostel and mess, for one academic year. Interestingly, scholarship renewal is extendable if a student fulfill certain criteria for the subsequent years of his/her course in the institute.
While the selection for first year applicants is based on their All India Rank (AIR) in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main), to get a renewal of the scholarship for the second – fourth years, the applicant is required to maintain a Semester Grade Point Average (SGPA) or Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) rating of 5 or above.
Of the 560 scholarships planned for this year, 150 are expected to be for new applicants and 410 students may be granted a renewal of their existing scholarship.
In order to protect the integrity of the program, rules have been clearly defined that bind all applicants and other participants of the Program. Applicants are requested to carefully read and understand them to ensure their eligibility.
- All documents including applicants form and supporting receipts/documents, must be attested and verified by the Institute’s Dean Academics. Only verified applications with all relevant documents will be accepted and considered eligible by the Selection Committee.
- Applicants must comply with all applicable enrolment and registration deadlines as published.
- Samsung will inform applicants on their selection through individuals emails post due validation of the submitted documents.
- Meeting the minimum application requirements and scholarship criteria does not guarantee the scholarship. Samsung shall award scholarships at its sole discretion. All decisions of Samsung will be binding and final.
- Samsung reserves the absolute right to amend the Terms of the Program without giving any reasons or prior notice.
Last date to apply: December 10, 2019
Application Process: Original applications forms must be sent as a hard copy (print format) to Samsung India at:
SAMSUNG STAR SCHOLAR
Corporate Citizenship (CRO)
Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.,
20th ~ 24th Floor, Two Horizon Centre, Golf Course Road,
Sector – 43, DLF Phase V, Gurgaon, Haryana -122002, India